A few random updates from the last nine months or so:
- We sold our house and moved to a much bigger city. You guys, there are TWO yarn stores. In the same town as me. (Go ahead and laugh at me, but I’ve never had my very own Local Yarn Shop and it’s very exciting.) We are still only an hour away from our families, though, so that’s nice.
- Edda started Kindergarten a few weeks ago (at home.) She’s reading so much better after our summer break!
- I made myself a blue sweater:
- I finished the sweater a few days ago, actually. So, that’s fairly recent news. Ravelry link here. I really love this sweater. It’s the fourth sweater I’ve made for myself and the first to end up fitting EXACTLY the way I wanted. (Yay!)
- I googled this for way too long with no luck, so I’ll just mention for the benefit of the whole internet that it is possible to make raw milk yogurt using whey as the starter instead of plain yogurt. I heated about 84 ounces (or) 10-1/2 cups of raw whole milk to 115 degrees and poured in about 4 ounces (or) 1/2 cup of whey to it. The whey was cold, in case that matters… I cultured it in my Eurocuisine yogurt maker (with the extra level attachment) for a really long time. Just kidding… it cultured for around 18 hours. That was probably too long. Three of the jars got all weird and separated into curds; I used them instead of buttermilk to make pancakes. The rest were perfect. Maybe this information will helpful to someone.
- I’ve got a severe case of knitting fever after hardly knitting at all for the last four months or so. I finished the cardigan on Saturday, a pair of mittens for Walter on Tuesday, and I’m about to finish a hood/hat for Edda today. KNIT ALL THE THINGS!
- Walter’s mittens (on ravelry):
- Edda’s hat-in-progress (on ravelry):